I recently had the pleasure of doing my very first pin up photo shoot with Paper Dollhouse Pin Up Photography. It was so much fun and I can’t wait to do it again! It’s important to prepare yourself beforehand so you look your best. Here are my top do’s and don’ts for getting ready for a pin up photo shoot!
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and fresh.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before.
- Shower, exfoliate, shave and moisturize the night before or morning of the shoot.
- Practice your poses and faces beforehand. Check out Cherry Doll Face on YouTube for some great tutorials on this!
- Wear clothes that are easy to change out of so you don’t mess up your hair or makeup.
- Get your brows groomed! Wax, tweeze or thread the day before.
- Have fun with it!
- Go hungry! Eat a protein rich snack before so you have some energy.
- Forget about your nails. Treat yourself to a mani and pedi!
- Wash your hair for at least 24-48 hours before (slightly dirty hair is better for your hairstylist).
- Forget to bring any clothes, shoes or accessories you will be wearing in the photos.
- Try any new hair colors or beauty treatments. If your color doesn’t come out as planned or you have a bad reaction to new treatments/products you won’t look your best.
- Be late!